Our story and corporate profile
Founded in 1950, Sports Excellence Corporation (SE) is now one of the largest buying groups with over 150 family-owned independent retailers and associate members across Canada and the United States. SE provides its membership with the essential services, business acumen and marketing tools to succeed in the extremely competitive sporting goods retail landscape.
SE’s specialization in hockey, winter sports, cycling, team sports, clothing, footwear, apparel and more can be experienced in over 200 locations across North America, under the Sports Excellence banner. By grouping the buying power of our membership, we reach a critical mass resulting in significant economies of scale benefiting each and every member.
Our team of experts
Each of our highly skilled category managers are hard at work for you.
Working closely with purchasing committees comprised of select members, our category managers develop dynamic and hard-hitting purchasing programs with the leading brands, available exclusively to our membership.
- Preferred discounts and payment terms within the industry
- The possibility of rebates on volume discounts
- Centralized management of the co-op claims from participating suppliers
- Access to exclusive high-value product lines customers demand
- Developed in collaboration with leading brands like Bauer and CCM
- Differentiate yourself from the competition while generating high profit margins
- Dedicated & experienced category managers
- Aggressively negotiated programs with over 150 partnered suppliers
- Advertised programs and close-out opportunities